Saturday, June 8, 2013

Game of Thrones - LA Times Hero Complex: Kit Harington Interview

Source: The Los Angeles Times Hero Complex [follow link for complete interview]

hbo_got_s3 photo hbo_got_s3_zps08145698-1.jpg

THE LOS ANGELES TIMES HERO COMPLEX: ‘Game of Thrones’ actor Kit Harington matures with Jon Snow

June 08, 2013

by Noelene Clark


For Kit Harington, the young English actor who plays Jon Snow in “Game of Thrones,” the show is a coming-of-age story — his own.

Though Harington had acted on stage before the HBO fantasy series, which wraps up its third season Sunday, “Thrones” marks his first role in front of a camera, and it’s a big one. Jon Snow plays an increasingly significant part in “Thrones” and George R.R. Martin’sA Song of Ice and Fire” books, on which the sprawling TV show is based.

By the time it goes the distance, it will be years and years,” said Harington, 26, over drinks at the Four Seasons hotel’s Windows Lounge in Beverly Hills earlier this spring. “It will be most of my 20s, really. You look at it in those terms, and that’s a big portion of my life that I’m dedicating to this show. So I’ve got to love it.”

Harington says he does, largely because he identifies with his character. He admits to peeking ahead in Jon Snow’s future, reading four of Martin’s seven planned books in the series.

I devoured them, really,” he said. “I stopped because I got way too far ahead of myself. He becomes an older, different person, and I had to really reel back my mind for Season 1, because he’s just this young chap, and none of that world has hit him yet...”

Game of Thrones season three finale airs Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 10/9C on HBO. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE EPISODE TRAILER FOR 'MHYSA'

 photo kitharingtonasjonsnow.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment