Sunday, June 30, 2013

Falling Skies - Collider: Noah Wyle & Drew Roy Interview

Source: Collider [follow link for complete interview]

falling skies season 3 photo falling_skies_season3b_zps4501fe26.jpg

COLLIDER: Noah Wyle and Drew Roy Talk FALLING SKIES Season 3, Changes in the Series, What the New Cast Members Add to the Show, Love Triangles, and More

by Christina Radish
June 30, 2013

Falling Skies has returned for its third season, as the epic battle between humans and aliens continues. Seven months have passed since viewers last saw the survivors of the 2nd Mass, led by Tom Mason (Noah Wyle), and now that they’ve teamed up with Volm and a band of rebel Skitters, the human race looks like it just might have some hope. Executive produced by Steven Spielberg, the show also stars Moon Bloodgood, Will Patton, Drew Roy, Connor Jessup, Maxim Knight, Sarah Carter, Colin Cunningham and Seychelle Gabriel, along with Doug Jones, Gloria Reuben and Robert Sean Leonard.

While at the show’s press day, co-stars Noah Wyle (who is also one of the show’s producers) and Drew Roy talked about all of the changes in Season 3, how much easier it is to not always have to be on the move now, love triangles, and what all of the new characters have brought to the story...

 photo noahwyle5.jpg

(Drew Roy and Noah Wyle)

... Collider: [Noah] As your leadership role grows on the show, do you find yourself taking on that role on set, as well?

Noah Wyle: "I hope so. The thing that drew me to this particular show was the fact that it scared me so much. It glaringly held a mirror up to everything I considered a shortcoming. I don’t think of myself as a dynamic action actor. I was very comfortable working in the body of an ensemble, and I was very nervous about leading one. And I was very nervous about promoting myself as the big head on the poster, and the guy who saves the day. That’s not really my nature. So, I’m hoping that it’s coming across that, as I’ve grown into the learning curve of leadership and power, so has Tom Mason. What’s kept it grounded in a sense of truth is that I’m figuring it out when he is."

Drew Roy: "Just being on set with him having that kind of humility, it really does work the absolute best way that it possibly could. He sets a very high standard on set, so we never show up and don’t know our lines. Between Noah and Will [Patton] and Moon [Bloodgood], they drop little hints, here and there, that as a younger actor, make you think, 'Oh, that’s a completely different way to think about that...'

Falling Skies airs Sunday at 10/9C on TNT. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE EPISODE TRAILER FOR 'SEARCH AND RECOVER,' AIRING JUNE 30, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment